Wednesday, November 28, 2012

This is the best thing that's ever happened to me...well, ok, Top 5.



While perusing through his vast movie collection, Rob Chenoweth ran across these gems. (And, yes, he likes to speak of himself in the third person.)


Perfect World

The Best Thing


In truth, I'd like to pen a movie about a 12 year-old boy who spent the summer of 1991 watching and re-watching (and wearing out the VHS) of one Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. It would end in 2012 with the posting of this blog, and it would all come full circle.

While, admittedly, these songs are a bit schmaltzy, I must admit, I always liked schmaltz. It's only as I've aged that I have developed this hyper sense of elitism, in which I tend to doubt my own taste levels, only to find that Stephen Herek had the same idea back in 1991, and he's probably still reaping the royalties. Nobody ever got rich from Grey Poupon. Well, perhaps someone did, but I bet his fortune doesn't hold a candle to the rich f***er who came up with French's.

Here's to the crazy ones. And to following your gut instincts.



No comments:

Post a Comment