Thursday, November 15, 2012

And so it begins....

This is not a test. If this had been a test, then you would have ignored my siren song, and it would have cost you dearly. Now you've wakened to a new possibility, and it's time to begin the great work ahead. 

Sometimes in life, we make hard choices that, as we look back, don't really make much sense for us in the long-term. I made one of those choices in 2006, and it was not a conscious choice. It was one made from fear and lack of motivation. Almost seven years ago, I moved to Austin with hopes that this would be the place for me to grow. I have grown, and I am forever changed by what I have learned living here, but it's time to move on. 

Someone once said, 'In dreams, begin responsibilities..' Without realizing it as it was happening, I have accumulated a massive amount of responsibility. To my health. To my loving family and friends. To my adoring animals. But what of my responsibility to my dreams and to my future self? I think he got lost somewhere in the haze of the past and the confusion of the present.

It is with great fear and trepidation I take these first bold steps into a brave new world. Let's see what's waiting for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment